COMMUNITY OUTREACH MINISTRY
Led By: Sister Regina Langston
The purpose of the Community Outreach/Missions Ministry is to identify those areas where it is felt God would have COD to do missionary work. We serve to help those persons who are in need of housing, clothing, food, medical services, social services, educational services, job placement and advancement in order to secure necessary help for practical living while at the same time ministering Jesus to them.
THIS PORTION OF THE MINISTRY CONSIST OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS
COGIC Urban Initiative:
COGIC Urban Initiatives is the vision of Presiding Bishop Charles E. Blake birthed out of his deep concern about poor academic achievement, financial disenfranchisement, high unemployment, soaring crime levels, the desperate state and breakdown of the family that plagues our cities, small and large, urban and rural.
COGIC Urban Initiatives will assist our 12,000 churches within the United States by making available to them programs and strategies that address:
- Education (Access, Excellence and Equity)
- Economic Development (Job Training and Job Creation)
- Crime Prevention (Reduction, Prevention and Rehabilitation)
- Family Life (Developing Healthy Men, Women and Children)
- Financial Literacy (Earning, Saving, Investing, and Spending Wisely)
Waipahu Community Coalition Affiliation:
The Waipahu Community Coalition is an inter-agency coalition, hereinafter referred to as “WCC.” The WCC is a partnership of businesses, community groups, public and private service providers, local and state government, faith-based organizations, churches, and individuals with the sole purpose of supporting the Waipahu Community. The COD Ministry interacts with the WCC to ensure the Center of Deliverance Church leverage and synergize efforts in order to provide necessary relief to the community.
Hawaii Food Bank Local Site:
The Hawaii Foodbank is the only nonprofit 501(c)(3) agency in the state of Hawaii that collects, warehouses and distributes mass quantities of both perishable and nonperishable food to nearly 200 charitable agencies on Oahu and Kauai, including Maui Food Bank and The Food Basket, Hawaii Island’s Food Bank. The Center of Deliverance is an accredited distribution site in support of this effort.
Food Bank Facts:
- Member agency of Hawaii Foodbank
- USDA and Food Safety Certified
- Service Days: Every 3rd Sunday of every month
- Service Times: 1:00p – 3:00p
- Year to Date: We have purchased over 11,000 pounds of perishable and nonperishable food for the community.
- Average about 3-8 new intakes per month